Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Class Reflection November 13, 2008

I really enjoyed the presentation that Mr. MchLaughlan highlighted that showed the boulder moving down the stream and through time. What I thought was quite poignant was how nicely it exemplified the force of the natural environment, and it’s ability to constantly change and re-arrange the landscape.

Our second speaker, I too missed his name, really inspired me! I loved the way that his landscape design projects incorporated a level of humor, fun and intrigue (ie: snow white and the seven gardens). I also really enjoyed how that particular project seemed to acknowledge different people’s preferences and worked within their design parameters to create beautiful spaces. By giving people options and levels of intensity for their personal gardens they will in turn appreciate and learn from their environment that much more willingly rather than say if they moved into a home with a sprawling garden that they weren’t able to care for.

Like Kaleigh I also was inspired by the notion of garden existing for a moment in time, something that happens only for a moment, that allows you to experience something that can never be re-created.

No comments: