Saturday, November 15, 2008

the "cabin"



As my fellow bloggers, and anyone else that has talked to me for more than three minutes, can attest to, I really don't enjoy "the cabin". I'm not interested in kitschy fridge magnets and the thought of 'showering' in the lake makes me feel ill. That being said whilst cruising the internet I stumbled upon the above cabin, placed smack dab in the middle of the Wis. wild. When I saw this image it really brought me back to the presentation that we had during our November 6 class. Even without reading the accompanying New York Times article I felt that whoever designed this space did so with the intention of preserving the integrity of the natural environment. Although after perusing the article it doesn't seem as though much attention was paid to designing the actual structure with ecological principals in mind, it does touch on a neo-renaissance for rough and tumble lake life, in a more functional and less uncomfortable facet.

Since I am not the biggest fan of nature I do find this whole phenomena to be quite interesting, I think that it's a positive sign of a future that will integrate the natural and built environment.

No comments: